Position Summary: Senior Administrative Assistant
This position provides clerical and administrative services and assistance of moderate complexity, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a regular basis for multiple projects. This position may also provide direct support to project directors as needed.
Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office. This includes summarizing the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist their supervisor/directors; coordinating the new information with background office sources; and drawing attention to important aspects or conflict.
- Interprets requests and helps implement action, as well as decides whether ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Coordinates, handles, and/or completes recurring projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor and/or project directorsthe executive/project directors should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed. In the absence of their supervisor,
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate management. Provides information to callers, including key internal or external sources, which requires comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, practices and operations.
- Regularly arranges meetings, teleconferences, and appointments without clearance based upon project demands.
- Prepares special or one time reports, presentation materials, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. May assist in the research, analysis and interpretation of data under the direction of management.
- Performs a broad range of administrative support details on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost impacts on organizational outcomes.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years demonstrated progressive administrative support experience.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret information.
- Data management, including entry, analysis, and manipulation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
We offer a competitive benefit package including health and dental benefits, 403(b), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Paid Time Off (PTO). Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and wage requirements to:
Director of Human Resources
1 Columbia Place, 2nd Floor
Albany, NY 12207