Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 3:10PM
Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers' Association
MHAPA is Hiring an External Advocate
External Advocates are independent advocates who provide assistance and support to individuals receiving services at state operated mental health facilities.
This open position is located at Wernersville State Hospital in Wernersville, PA, and entails the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the fundamental rights of the individual receiving services in the state operated facility.
- Help individuals and their families with questions, concerns, and complaints regarding hospital care and treatment.
- Help resolve concerns and complaints.
- Work with individuals and others, including local/regional mental health offices and county providers, to facilitate community living.
- Refer individuals to an attorney or agency that provides legal advocacy.
- Assist with questions about benefit programs and concerns regarding employment.
- Provide technical assistance and education regarding rights to individuals, their families and the hospital staff.
The position is full time but two individuals sharing the position and responsibilities would also be considered. The successful candidate will be willing to work primarily evening and weekend hours.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bilingual-fluent in both English and Spanish
- Advocacy experience
- Knowledgeable about the PA Behavioral Health System
- Reporting, organizational, and data entry skills
- A college degree or a combination of education and experience is required. MHAPA is an affirmative action employer-individuals of color and those with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com (Subject line: External Advocate Search)
Or mail to:
External Advocate Search
1414 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103
IT Department | Comments Off |