Facility Advocacy Services Project Manager.
The Project Manager position entails the following responsibilities:
- Provide direct assistance and support to individuals receiving services at two state operated juvenile justice facilities.
- Ensure the fundamental rights of the individual receiving services in the state operated facilities
- Help individuals and their families with questions, concerns, and complaints
- Assist in the resolution of concerns and complaints
- Provide technical assistance and education regarding rights to individuals, their families and the facility staff
- Ensure the required reporting is completed
- In addition to providing direct advocacy services in two juvenile justice facilities, the project manager oversees the advocacy provided in four other facilities.
- Supervises two part-time juvenile justice facility advocates and one full-time adult facility advocate.
- Serve as liaison to the PA Department of Human Services, Office of Children, Youth, and Families (OCYF), Bureau of Juvenile Justice Services (BJJS)
The ideal candidate will have advocacy and supervisory experience, knowledge about the PA juvenile justice, children and youth and behavioral health systems, as well as reporting, organizational and data entry skills. A college degree is required.
MHAPA is an affirmative action employer - individuals of color and woman are encouraged to apply. Fluency in English and Spanish is a plus. Successful candidate must pass a Child Abuse History Clearance, a Criminal History background check, and an FBI clearance.
Please email resume and salary requirements by December 2, 2014 to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
External Advocate Search
1414 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103
Download a PDF of the position description.