TAY Youth Program Coordinator
The TAY Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and participating in transition age youth program meetings, special projects, and outreach events designed to promote wellness and empowerment. The TAY Program Coordinator will be expected to model youth leadership, facilitate groups, and increase transition age youth readiness for reaching wellness, education, and employment goals. Works closely with and reports to the TAY Program Manager.
Specifications, Qualifications, and Competency Factors:
- Experience as a mental health consumer or family member strongly preferred.
- Commitment to PEERS Mission and Values.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Transition Age Youth population.
- Certified WRAP Facilitator preferred or willingness to become certified.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and meet deadlines and expectations.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional public speaking, presenting, and group facilitation skills.
- Computer literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to PEERS Programs/Operations Assistant, Kelly Dannucci, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax your application to (510) 452- 1645 (Attn: Kelly Dannucci), or you can mail your application to: Attn: Kelly Dannucci -333 Hegenberger Road Suite 250, Oakland CA 94621