2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Create and define your vision of recovery.
- Identify and invite the right passengers on your bus.
- Navigate adversity, potholes and unexpected negative passengers.
- Fuel your journey with positive energy and enthusiasm.
- George Badillo: An independent consultant educating people throughout the country and surrounding territories on custody and parenting issues. Formerly, a Peer Trainer for PEOPLe Inc. He works out of the New York State Office of Mental Health Long Island Field Office, providing training to people with psychiatric histories on issues such as Medicare Part D.
- Yvonne Smith: President and co-founder of Recovery2000/The Recovery Group, a partnership of mental health consumers doing outreach in shelters, hospitals and other community settings. The Recovery Group (TRG) was established October 2004 in the District of Columbia.
- Jen Padron: A subject matter expert in leveraging peer services, supports, delivery, and health disparities in mental diversity of disenfranchised high/at-risk populations in the United States. Now at Benchmark Human Services, she is the former Director of The HOPE Project, and provided project management to The Hope Concept LLC Wellness Center in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area in Texas. Ms. Padron is currently a PhD candidate in Public Health and Community Public Health Education and Promotion.