"Building Blocks of Peers & Employment: Exemplary Peer Programs"
Third in a Three-Part Series
Thursday, October 24th, 2013
Webinar Three in the Building Blocks series will focus on four different exemplary peer groups from around the country that are actively involved in providing peer-delivered employment supports and services to their members.
- Find out what other groups of folks just like you are doing in this field;
- Gain access to first-hand reporting of the successes these peer groups have had in employment-related programs and services; and,
- Use their expertise as a foundation to develop your own ideas about what you or your group could do in your own location.
The four peer groups that will be featured on this webinar are:
- BrainStorm Career Services of Colorado Springs, CO
- Hero House of Bellevue, WA
- Howie the Harp Advocacy Center, Community Access Program of New York City, NY
- Laurie Mitchell Empowerment and Career Center of Alexandria, VA.
The range of employment-related services and supports provided by these four different groups cover the spectrum from teaching resume development and writing skills to facilitating educational opportunities to help individuals better achieve career goals to providing computer literacy and other job skills trainings to providing benefits counseling to their members to providing partnering support to their members in conducting active job searches for employment opportunities which fully align with the employment goals of the peer who seeks their services.
You may also register by visiting the Peerlink National Technical Assistance Center website: