A webinar by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) will take place Friday, October 10, 2014 at 2:00pm Eastern Time called “Hearing Voices Training Webinar”.
Description: The Hearing Voices Network (HVN) USA is one of over 20 nationally based networks around the world joined by shared goals and values, incorporating a fundamental belief that there are many ways to understand the experience of hearing voices and other unusual or extreme experiences. This webinar will be available to SAMHSA’s state/community stakeholders.
Goals of the Hearing Voices Network USA Include:
- Raising awareness about voice hearing, visions and other unusual or extreme experiences
- Supporting anyone who has had these experiences by providing opportunities to talk about them freely and without judgment
- Supporting anyone who has had these experiences to explore, understand, learn and grow from them in their own way
- Supporting individuals providing support, family, friends and the general community to broaden their understanding and ability to support individuals who have had these experiences
Presenters: Oryx Cohen, M.P.A., Director of the National Empowerment Center’s (NEC’s) Technical Assistance Center and Marty Hadge, a trainer for The Hearing Voices Network USA and Peer Facilitator for the Western Mass Recovery Learning Community.
Instructions for joining the October 10th webinar:
1. Go to – http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/hearingvoices/
(Please either right click on the link or copy and paste the link into a new tab.)
When the Adobe Connect Log-in screen appears, select "Enter as a Guest," enter the name and state of the participant in the "Name" field (Ex. Jane Doe-AK) and click on "Enter Room."
2. Once prompted to join the Audio portion of the meeting, please select:
"Dialing-in to the Audio Conference Via Phone." Then dial 1-888-727-2247 and enter the conference ID number 5433540#.
Dialing in allows for interaction and dialogue. Please ensure that your computer speakers are turned down so that there is no audio feedback.
Note: If you are only able to join the audio portion, then you will not be able to see the webinar presentation.
We highly recommend that you test your connection to Adobe Connect in advance of the webinar to ensure access. You may need to work with your state’s IT Department to resolve any firewall issues. To test your connection, please go to: http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm. You may be prompted to install ActiveX control, Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Connect add-ins. If you encounter any difficulty testing your connection or logging into the webinar, please contact Technical Support by calling 1-800-459-5680.
If you are having an issue logging into the web, you can also join by phone first, press *0 and get a private operator help to get you onto the web. If you have an issue any time during the call, you can press *0 for immediate help.